Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Last Weekend

I know it's Tuesday but I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I ventured to the Auburn vs Mississippi St. football game Saturday night with my parents while my other half raced in Kinston. Auburn won... WAR EAGLE!
Rusty's racing adventure seemed quite interesting though, it rained when everyone got to the track but because the Pro Late Models (I call them the Big Boys) that come from miles away were racing track officials never called the race. So once the rain stopped everyone got on the track to help dry it. They had the driver's meeting and got a few races in, then it started raining again. Well they still didn't call the race. Long story short (because anyone and everyone who knows me knows I tend to ramble), Rusty got to race. He started third on the poll and ended in 6Th place, Joey did well and ended the race in 5Th place. Our friend Lee Rogers ended the race in 3rd, Lee has done very well this season with lots of top 3 wins. Lee is currently 1st in the points with Rusty in 4Th and Joey in 11Th. They have all improved so much this season. I really can't believe the season is ending next month, we only have 2 races left until the championship.
My cousin Langdon is getting married this next weekend (Sunday Sept. 20Th). We are looking forward to seeing the family, it has been a little while since we have seen everyone at one time. Unfortunately Rusty and I won't get to attend the rehearsal dinner, but we will definitely be at the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment